Equalminds has ambitious growth plans and is highly depending on different teams that work on projects at the customers premises. Each team needs a product owner that represents the different business stakeholders to the team who can make well founded decisions regarding priority and functionality of their area.
As a Product Owner you work together with our customers business to come to a Product Backlog that you prioritize, based on business value as well as input from development regarding complexity and impact. You are expected to convey your vision to the team and outline the work to be done in each sprint.
The Product Owner role is a demanding role given that you have to consider our customers business stakeholders interests as well as the team´s needs to get their questions answered to ensure they can keep going.
• Act as primary interface to business stakeholders to gain in depth understanding of business vision and feature needs.
• Define and articulate the product vision to stakeholders as well as the development team(s)
• Develop and maintain detailed user stories in a prioritized product backlog which accurately reflects customer and business priorities.
• Create artifacts like use case diagrams, high level page flows, functional flow diagrams to ensure teams have an understanding of the big picture
• Function as a primary product champion with the development team to continuously ensure development activities are optimally aligned with customer needs
• Take the lead in explanation, estimation and planning meetings
• Actively participate in daily Scrums, sprint reviews, and team retrospectives.
• Inspect the progress on the product delivery at the end of every sprint to accept the delivered software.
• Bachelor or Masters Degree or at least some years relevant work experience as Product Owner (or Project manager position).
• Results-oriented, customer oriented, flexible, collaborative, problem solving skills, “Do it” mentality
• Proficient in Dutch and English (writing and spoken), French is a plus
• Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with individuals at all levels in the organization
• A ‘Getting Things Done’ mentality and preferably also Project Management experience (agile or any other)
• Sense of humor and excellent communication skills; you can persuade and motivate people
For this role you’re a capable negotiator. Experience in working in an agile/Scrum environment is preferred but not mandatory. Furthermore you’re able to manage priority and scope for technical development efforts
Why work at Equalminds?
• Your contribution is visible and will significantly contribute to our results;
• You work in an Agile environment with small scrum teams that include testers, developers and analysts;
• There are plenty of possibilities to develop yourself;
• Our working environment supports initiative and values your ideas;
• You will work on all kind of technology like web, mobile, crm, erp, …., depending on the project;